Saturday 31 January 2015

Spectrum Noir January Challenge: Anything Goes!

Hi all!

Here's my entry for the Spectrum Noir January Challenge: Anything Goes!

It is an altered mirror made using Spectrum Noir Aqua Tints.  It was hard to photograph because of glare on the mirror, but I hope you get a reasonable idea from the photos!






I used an IKEA mirror which I used Pebeo White Gesso (from Crafters Companion) all over.  I then used a paint fusion flat brush to apply  light, medium and dark blue from the Spectrum Noir Aqua Tints (from Crafters Companion here) graduating from top to bottom.  The blues were from the followig sets: Perfectly Primary and Landscape. I then sprayed with a mister and dropped rock salt all over.  I left this for a few hours to air dry.

I then used kitchen roll to rub all the salt off leaving the lovely mottled pattern.  I applied Pebeo Silver Gilding Wax (from Crafters Companion) on the sides of the mirror frame and the sides right next to the mirror with cut & dry foam.

I made flowers and leaves out of Fimo using Blossom Flower Molds.  When baked I added some pigment powders made into paint to highlight the details.  I glued these on with a glue gun.

I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment