Sunday 30 November 2014

Crafter's Companion Challenge November: Christmas / Winter

Hi all!

Here is my challenge entry for the Crafter's Companion Challenge November: Christmas / Winter.

I made a gift box for a Christmas present for my parents using numerous Crafter's Companion products.  The box measures 13" x 13" x 1 1/2".  Details of all products used are below the pictures.  I did the best I could but mirror card is hard to photograph!  I can't tell you what's inside in case my Mum reads this post!!!



I made the box using the Big Score A3 Scoring Board which is a fabulous product!  I used the new 16" x 16" Centura Pearl with it but unfortunately I cannot find this on their website at the moment.  I made the box lid and base using the 1 1/2" score lines and glued the flaps with Collall Tacky Glue.

I used the stunning Crafter's Companion Vintage A4 Embossing Snowflakes Folder (this looks like it's out of stock as I can't find it on the website) to emboss a sheet of matt silver card from my stash. I matted and layered this with Hunkydory Mirror Board - Silver and more Centura.  I used 3D foam under the base mirror card and under the Centura on the top layer.

I cut the largest  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dimensional Snowflakes from Crafters Companion Fresh White - Luxury Double Sided Centura Pearl A4 Card.  I used this as the die is a cut, fold and tuck die so I wanted the same look on the folded pieces so I needed double sided.  After folding the relevant sections I then sprayed the whole snowflake with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle Pearl Diamond Glitter Varnish to give extra sparkle.  Using the tacky glue again I added some flat back pearls of differing sizes to the snowflake.  I adhered this to the mirror card in the middle with some more 3D foam.

I measured 1cm in from the edges of the lid and put a pencil dot on each 1cm all the way around.  I put tacky glue on the dots (no more than ten at a time so it wouldn't dry before I got to it) and then added a flat back pearl to each dot. I worked the whole way round - this only took 15 minutes and I think is well worth spending the time to do it.

I hope you like my box, I hope my parents do to at Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your box is absolutely beautiful!!! I just ordered my Big Score and can't wait to get it. You'd think it was Christmas already and I'm a little girl waiting on my new doll lol Happy crafting

    ReplyDelete