Friday 31 October 2014

Crafter's Companion October Challenge: Buttons or Bows

Crafter's Companion October Challenge: Buttons or Bows...I went for bows!

I made a bow for the box that I made with my new Big Score.  
This houses a poppy brooch made with cold porcelain paste from Craft-e-liza,




I used box base and box lid to make a simple box.  I made a poppy topper using the poppy digi stamp (which I resized) from Leann's Spectrum Noir Video Colouring Guide.  I coloured it with various Spectrum Noir pencils and blended with the blending solution.  I matted and layered using a spellbinders labels die and attached to the box with 3D foam.  I then edged the box with a red satin ribbon.

I made the brooch with the cold porcelain paste - this is my first go at using this medium.  I am pleased with how it has turned out as it's easier than it looks.  It's a lovely brooch for remembrance - I will be wearing it instead of a paper one this year, but of course, I'll still be putting some money in the collection tin.

Thanks for looking, I hope you like what I have made.


No comments:

Post a Comment