Thursday 7 August 2014

More Clarity Stencils

Hi all,

Here's a quick card that I made for my sister using the beautiful Chrysanthemum Stencil.


I used the 7x7 Gelli card and taped the stencil on with low tack masking tape.  I then used the Clarity stencil brushes and two distress inks: Fired Brick and Squeezed Lemonade.  I used the Fired Brick working out from the corner and working more heavily in the corner.  I worked to the middle of the flower and then introduced the Squeezed Lemonade from the outer edge of the petals and slightly over the middle area.  This gave a tonal effect to the flower.

I matted the piece after slightly trimming it down onto some matching glitter card.  I then layered it onto a white card blank.  I finally added white organza ribbon to the spine of the card.


3 comments: