Monday 14 April 2014

Another animal card - I love these stamps!

Here is my third creation with Sam Poole's animal stamps.  For this one I have used Nutkin Squirrel.



The base of my card is made from Centura Pearl brown cardstock.  I stamped Sam's Feathers A6 Rubber Stamp with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder on a piece of Centura Pearl hint of gold card stock.  At the same time I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed that too.  I stuck this on the brown card.  I then cut the largest die from Spellbinders Nestabilities Card Creator: Branching Out from some green pearlised cardstock that I had in my stash.  I layered this onto the feathers piece.  I used another piece of brown card to emboss with the tree bark embossing folder shown on my previous post with Hoot the Owl which I used gold gilding wax on.  I layered this on top of the die cut piece.  
I stamped Nutkin with brown Versafine and used clear embossing powder to heat emboss.  I painted him using a mixture of two of the new  Cosmic Shimmer pearl, bronze and gold paints.  I used Sepia Glossy Accents to make a 3D eye and when dry I added a black dot for his pupil on the top with a black Sharpie pen.  I was really pleased with how this worked.  I used foam pads to raise him up before attaching him to the card.
I made the three acorns out of Martha Stewart White Clay and the  Martha Stewart Woodland Molds.  The link takes you to Oyster Stamps where the clay and molds are really good prices.  I much prefer to use the white clay for everything and paint it rather than mixing the coloured clays into the white as I feel that the effect is much better.  I painted the acorns with Pebeo acrylics when they were air dry.  When the paint was dry I used Crafters Companion Spray and Shine High Gloss Varnish  to make them shiny.  
I cut some leaves out of three colours of felt with Tim Holtz's Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Leaves.  This is a great die and you can also get a matching embossing folder to use if you are cutting them from paper which is great.  I stuck the leaves to the bottom right hand corner of the card and stuck two acorns on the top and the third in Nutkin's hand.  
I cut the sentiment out into a flag shape and used 3D foam to give some dimension.

I hope you like!  Thanks for stopping by and saying 'Hi!'

2 comments: