Tuesday 15 April 2014

First of two posts today: Fleathering!

So, I have got a bit addicted to this technique and I showed a picture frame that I made with it a few posts ago.  Today I can show you what I have made with two of Sheena Douglass' brand new embossing folders from her India range.  It is currently the 4 Day Deal on C & C here.  If you get it though, you must add the matching 6 stamp sets too!






I have taken the technique further though using Pebeo Gilding Wax and  Luminarte Silks.  I used Sheena's technique which you can find on You Tube here.  It has now been viewed over 17,000 times!  Lots of Chemists are selling out of glycerine!  The tutorial for adding in the pages to make a book (like my first picture) can be found here.
In the first picture I have made a finished book.  The second and third pictures show you the piece of 'fleather' that I have made and is awaiting being made into a book!  I need to buy some material to line it with later in the week.  
In Sheena's online tutorial she just uses distress inks to colour the Kraft Card and they therefore look very brown and leathery.  This is like the frame that I made a few posts ago.  What I have made goes a step further with paints and gilding wax.  The Distress Ink that I  used on both was Dusty Concord.  I then painted the images in with the Luminarte Silks.  After painting (the silks dry very quickly), I used Pebeo silver gilding wax to rub over.  You need the tiniest bit on your finger, I tap off the excess on my craft sheet and go back to it as needed.  After gilding I sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine.  I love this product for getting a shiny finish: it takes seconds and no brush strokes - fabulous!
I got to use these two folders as a sneeky peek.  I cannot wait for my order to arrive from C&C so I can play with all of the other products.  
If you've been watching her today on C & C you will have seen her using glycerine to brayer onto embossing folders, emboss in the E Bosser and then use embossing powder over the glycerine.  It looked amazing and is one of her new techniques that I will be trying when my order arrives!

I hope you like what I have made.  Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment